Brochure to discover the stronghold of Mont-Dauphin aimed at those 12-15 years
In the plan for the management, conservation and sustainable development of Mont-Dauphin, the development of the cultural offerings in general and educational efforts in particular, have been defined as the priority purpose.
The creation of a brochure intended for those aged 12-15 years, edited and printed in 50,000 copies, in French and Italian versions, is a perfect response to this priority perspective. It allows what is on offer in cultural terms at the site to be enhanced and the development of schemes for those aged 12-15, agroup where there is little in comparison to the age group 6-12 years (notably in terms of educational workshops). It is distributed free of charge.
Format: 80cm x 40cm unfolded - 20cm x 10cm folded – colour both sides
- Practical information (access to the stronghold and guided visits, partners’ logos)
- Mont-Dauphin today
- Presentation of the Network of major Vauban sites
- At the centre, map of the stronghold (40cm x 40cm) with number to specify the main buildings and colour-coded to facilitate discovery of the site and navigation
On the front:
- Presentation of Vauban
- Repeat of the colour-coding with the various functions of the stronghold set out (consolidate power, shelter a village, etc.) along with games to enhance the sense of discovery in a fun way.
- Cost (realisation, translation, and printing of 50,000 copies): €25,000
Foundation EDF- Diversi Terre
Hautes Alpes Department Council
Defence Ministry, Remembrance, Heritage and Archives Department
Centre of national monuments
This brochure/discovery map has been very warmly welcomed by the public. There has been solid support for visits by hosts, shopkeepers and tourist offices in the area.
It facilitates knowledge of the site and of the Vauban Network among the local populations. This attractive offer allows a warmer welcome for visitors to the Mont-Dauphin site and represents a genuine invitation to visit the other sites of the Vauban Network.
Area of improvement: the need for contact with the schools of theGuillestroisCountyto suggest use of this brochure as a means of educational support.