An innovative means of access: the lift at Upper Barrakka gardensProject sponsor(s)Town of ValettaSchedule2005-2012Summary
- Opened on: 15 December 2012
- Operating times: 7AM to 9PM every day
- Annual number of passengers: 1 million
- Difference in height covered by lift: 58m
- Return fare: 1€
- Lift takes: 23 seconds
- Capacity: 21 people
Besançon, feasability/advisability study of acces to the citadelProject sponsor(s)Greater Besançon councilScheduleJune 2011 / September 2012Summary
The Citadel of Besançon is built on top of a rock closing the neck of the oxbow formed by the River Doubs. This steep-sided plateau covers an area11.2 hectaresand is located approximately120 metresabove the level of the river and town centre, and371 metresabove sea level.
More than 230 000...
Booklets to aid visitors in Braille and large printProject sponsor(s)Town of BriançonSchedule2011Summary
Creation and publication of tactile booklet to help visitors to discover the fortified heritage of Vauban, intended for persons suffering from total or partial loss of sight.
The contract has been agreed with Braille & Culture
11 rue dela Petite Vitesse - 63260 Aigueperse
Etude sur les accès et stationnements
Interpretation pathProject sponsor(s)Guillestrois CountySummary
This project follows a study on the improvement of access to the stronghold site. It must allow improved site access sustainably (bicycle and pedestrian). The purpose is to reclassify an existing community path and introduce visitors to the first elements of interpretation of cultural and natural...
L'île Tatihou: Managing the flow of visitorsProject sponsor(s)La Manche General CouncilSummary
- Area of the island: 28ha
- Ownership status: Coastline conservation authority
- OPerator: La Manche General Council
- Number of visitors (2013): 63 866
- Open to the general public: every day from 5 April to 5 October, more restricted the rest of the year
- Available accomodation: 35 rooms