Corporate events and sponsorship: successful partnerships in an exceptional settingProject sponsor(s)The Citadel World heritage public body (EPC-PM)Summary
- Number of inhabitants: 121 038 (INSEE census 2011)
- Area of the citadel: 11.2 ha
- Administrator subscribed: Citadel World heritage public body
- Number of agents: around 80 permanent and 50 temporary
- Number of visitors in 2013: 268,427; of which 60% are regional and 10% are foreign
Resource centre for the management of fortified heritageProject sponsor(s)The Network of Major Vauban SitesSchedule7 July 2007 to May 2012Summary
To make information and useful references accessible for anyone interested in the management, co-ordination, or development of fortified heritage. Through this project, the Vauban network aim to become a true national and international reference in the matter following a recommendation made by the...
The Tour des enfantsProject sponsor(s)Town of Besancon, Directorate of culture and heritageScheduleJune-September 2008Summary
Innovations of Vauban, the first bastioned towers flanking a protective city wall were constructed in Besançon from 1687. The bastioned tower of Chamars was constructed on the rock, on the river bed, between 1687 and 1691. Following a restoration during the year 2008, it was opened to visitors for...